Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

1961 C77 clutch slipping

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
Hondac71
honda305.com Member

1961 C77 clutch slipping

Post by Hondac71 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi all, i'm in the process of getting an early C77 checked out, now that it's going again the clutch slips in 4th gear.
I've replaced the spring with the ones available from Honda, they looked identical to the old ones, but the problem stayed.
I have pulled out the plates, there are 5 of each, with the (full) fiber ones measuring somewhere around 3,78 mm, and the steel ones around 1,60 mm.
Do any of you guys know what the correct thickness for these plates would be, and/or the partnr for some replacement plates.
Looks to me the steel ones are ok.
any help would be appreciated..

Jelle

rzgkane
honda305.com Member

Re: 1961 C77 clutch slipping

Post by rzgkane » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:40 pm

The first plate in the system (called the "A" plate and closest to the engine case) should be almost double the thickness of the other steel plates at appx 3mm.

You might want to look at this thread for some info and measurements of new and old parts:

http://www.honda305.com/forums/305-clut ... 87-14.html
Hondac71 wrote:Hi all, i'm in the process of getting an early C77 checked out, now that it's going again the clutch slips in 4th gear.
I've replaced the spring with the ones available from Honda, they looked identical to the old ones, but the problem stayed.
I have pulled out the plates, there are 5 of each, with the (full) fiber ones measuring somewhere around 3,78 mm, and the steel ones around 1,60 mm.
Do any of you guys know what the correct thickness for these plates would be, and/or the partnr for some replacement plates.
Looks to me the steel ones are ok.
any help would be appreciated..

Jelle

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home