Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Kick Start

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
marlin4622
honda305.com Member

Kick Start

Post by marlin4622 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:28 pm

I took off the side cover when I was installing new clutch cable. When i put everything back together I realized that the kick start does not snap back to position and it isn't engaging anything.

I resprung the kick start and installed it. I moved it with my hand, and it moved the gears/pistons. But when I installed it it doesn't grab on to anything. how do i fix this?

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: Kick Start

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Mon May 30, 2011 10:09 am

Remove the cover.
Turn Kick Shaft clockwise to stop.
Move K/S Arm the apx. 10:00 and install cover.
Lever should be at 11:00.
If not remove the cover, move the K/S lever then install until ya have it at. 11:00. ..........lm
marlin4622 wrote:I took off the side cover when I was installing new clutch cable. When i put everything back together I realized that the kick start does not snap back to position and it isn't engaging anything.

I resprung the kick start and installed it. I moved it with my hand, and it moved the gears/pistons. But when I installed it it doesn't grab on to anything. how do i fix this?

marlin4622
honda305.com Member

Post by marlin4622 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 pm

I just did this but it still doesn't catch. I rotate clockwise until dead stop, install cover w ks at 1 oclock and still nothing. My kick start kicks towards the rear of bike. Everything works fine until i install bolts then it doesnt catch. I do have the CP77 not sure if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated!
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Remove the cover.
If not remove the cover, move the K/S lever then install until ya have it at. 11:00. ..........lm
marlin4622 wrote:I took off the side cover when I was installing new clutch cable. When i put everything back together I realized that the kick start does not snap back to position and it isn't engaging anything.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:31 pm

No difference.
10:00 to start after the shaft has been turned to stop clockwise. ..............lm

marlin4622 wrote:I just did this but it still doesn't catch. I rotate clockwise until dead stop, install cover w ks at 1 oclock and still nothing. My kick start kicks towards the rear of bike. Everything works fine until i install bolts then it doesnt catch. I do have the CP77 not sure if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated!

marlin4622
honda305.com Member

Post by marlin4622 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:35 pm

I adjusted the clutch cable and it made the kick start work. If I engage clutch, the kick start does not engage. If the clutch is not enabled the kick start works great. Does the clutch dictate if kickstart engages? Thx
LOUD MOUSE wrote:No difference.
10:00 to start after the shaft has been turned to stop clockwise. ..............lm

marlin4622 wrote:I just did this but it still doesn't catch. I rotate clockwise until dead stop, install cover w ks at 1 oclock and still nothing. My kick start kicks towards the rear of bike. Everything works fine until i install bolts then it doesnt catch. I do have the CP77 not sure if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated!

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:38 pm

WHAT?
The lever to release the clutch will do that any time ya pull it.
Do ya really think ya can KICK the engine over with the lever pulled?. ...........lm

marlin4622 wrote:I adjusted the clutch cable and it made the kick start work. If I engage clutch, the kick start does not engage. If the clutch is not enabled the kick start works great. Does the clutch dictate if kickstart engages? Thx
LOUD MOUSE wrote:No difference.

teazer
honda305.com Member

Post by teazer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Sounds like someone brought up on modern bikes where the clutch lever has to be pulled in to start the motor - one of those "safety" features.

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home