Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

How does the clutch work?

Clutch, Transmission, Drive Chain, Sprockets
LittleRock
honda305.com Member

How does the clutch work?

Post by LittleRock » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:54 pm

Can anyone explain what happens when I pull the clutch lever on a Dream, I have the bike apart and someone told me there should be a steel ball on one side of the steel bar? I don't have a steel ball and I definitely don't know what happens between pulling the clutch lever and the clutch engaging. With all the clutch discs, it obviously is differnent than a car with its one clutch plate. If anyone has time, I would appreciate a basic lesson in what goes on in a motorcycle clutch system, I have not eveb figured out how the cable being pulled disengages the gears. Thanks to anyone for help on this. The fellow that told me about the steel ball, also told me to take the clutch disks apart and clean them with gasoline, would that be a good idea? This bike was froze up when I got it and it has not run in many years.

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Re: How does the clutch work?

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:57 am

To much to type so please call me at 830-895-0654 and I'll get ya going. ...........LM
RIDE IT DON'T HIDE IT!

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home