Admirers

Correct Needles for a CB77

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
mach1970
honda305.com Member

Correct Needles for a CB77

Post by mach1970 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:01 am

Hello all,

I have a 1967 Superhawk. I finally have it running on both cylinders and the problem turned out to be that every rebuild kit I got had different parts in them, even though they were supposed to be for a superhawk. My question is what kind of needle am I supposed to have in these carbs. That is the one part that I think still isn't correct, and all three kits I have came with different looking needles. Is there a number for needles like there is for jets, and if so what needle should I be using?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

davomoto
honda305.com Member

Post by davomoto » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Rob, the correct needle numbers are K24231. The needles in the aftermarket kits are junk. if you have the origional ones out of the carbs, I suggest re-installing them. Also, make sure you have the slides in the correct sides, as there is a left and right slide. The cut out at the bottom of the slide should face toward the air cleaner or the bike will run really rich, and foul plugs. Also pilot jet should be a 42, and main a 135. The jets in the kits aren't very good either, and stock should go back in whenever possible. Float level is critical as well, 22.5 mm, or search for Eds simple method, with Deez excellent diagram, on how to set float hieght.

davomoto

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home