Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

Carb Rebuild - putting back together.

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks as the 22 carbs are different in the float/gas area. ...............lm
marlin4622 wrote:LM - I am running PW26.

Thanks for all the help gentlemen!

Sascha
honda305.com Member

Post by Sascha » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:29 pm

After reading your thread on carbs I took the spare (Complete) one I had and took it apart completely, noticed one of the floats has a small dent in it.. is that an issue? Soaking in vinegar tonight, lets see if I can put it back together, thats the hard part! ;)

Im going to need assistance walking through what position is correct for the screws but I think this thread covers most of it off... Any one chime in on the minor dent in the float?
-Sascha

LOUD MOUSE
honda305.com Member

Post by LOUD MOUSE » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Minor dents are not a problem. .........lm
Sascha wrote:After reading your thread on carbs I took the spare (Complete) one I had and took it apart completely, noticed one of the floats has a small dent in it.. is that an issue? Soaking in vinegar tonight, lets see if I can put it back together, thats the hard part! ;)

Im going to need assistance walking through what position is correct for the screws but I think this thread covers most of it off... Any one chime in on the minor dent in the float?
-Sascha

Sascha
honda305.com Member

Post by Sascha » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks LM, was slightly concerned when I noticed the dent... thought I would run it by you boys.
Looks clean today, havent got a chance to scrub it down yet, maybe tonight I will take a toothbrush to it.

Cheers,
Sascha
LOUD MOUSE wrote:Minor dents are not a problem. .........lm
Sascha wrote:After reading your thread on carbs I took the spare (Complete) one I had and took it apart completely, noticed one of the floats has a small dent in it.. is that an issue? Soaking in vinegar tonight, lets see if I can put it back together, thats the hard part! ;)

-Sascha

marlin4622
honda305.com Member

Post by marlin4622 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:37 pm

so i put back the carbs, but when i was going to install the needle and, i am assuming it is called the needle housing *the metal cylindrical slide that the needle seats into that goes into the top of the carb*, and it is really hard to slide up and down.... should i use some white lithium? or should i lube it up? or should it be like that?

marlin4622
honda305.com Member

Post by marlin4622 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:39 pm

so i put back the carbs, but when i was going to install the needle and, i am assuming it is called the needle housing *the metal cylindrical slide that the needle seats into that goes into the top of the carb*, and it is really hard to slide up and down.... should i use some white lithium? or should i lube it up? or should it be like that?

Dgormley
honda305.com Member

Carb slide

Post by Dgormley » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Marlin, it should slide easily up and down. Make sure the slide is"round" and the bores are not distorted in any way....................D

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home