Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

bike won't rev

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
dreaming56
honda305.com Member

bike won't rev

Post by dreaming56 » Sun May 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Guys, I just found time to work on the cb77 again and I still can't get the bike to rev up, it will idle fine but when I twist the throttle it wants to die. If I choke it and play with the throttle I can get it to rev up but only at top rpm's. I had asked before and had a few replies but none of things I tried worked, I had my mechanic look at it and we took the carbs apart again and he couldn't find anything wrong. I have the right jets and the needle and slides are in the right place, he is stumped so I call on the experts to help me out. I really want to ride this bike and it's not that much fun at full throttle or idling. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Snakeoil
honda305.com Member

Post by Snakeoil » Tue May 20, 2014 6:02 pm

I would make sure that all the internal circuits are clear in the carb body.

Are the needles in their proper position? Check you manual and the parts book to assure you have them assembled correctly and you have ALL the parts.

Are you whacking open the throttle? If so, that might be you problem. These carbs are not intended to be opened wide from idle without stumbling.

These are very simple carbs. If you "mechanic" cannot figure out what is wrong, you might want to find a different mechanic.

Regards,
Rob

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home