Restorers, Riders and
Admirers

CA77 Jets Question

Fuel System: Gas (Petrol) tanks, Carburators
georgeorge
honda305.com Member

CA77 Jets Question

Post by georgeorge » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:40 pm

I think this is going to sound like a dumb question, but at least I'm not too proud to admit it.

I'm rebuilding the carb on the Dream I just picked up and although it appears to run pretty good, one of the main jets appears clogged. So my question is this. Should I be able to see light through the jet that reads 35 on it through the length of it. I know all the cross drilled holes in the jet are clear but I cannot, even with a set of oriface cleaning wires, seem to get light to make it through the length of that jet. I can't even get a wire to start through there. It's almost like it was never drilled.....which may be normal. I don't know. But I know you guys around here who have been into hundreds of these carb would know the answer to that question. If there is not suppose to be a hole through the length of this jet it would be the first one I've ever seen like it. But before I go screwing anything up I wanted to ask.

Thanks,
Brian

georgeorge
honda305.com Member

Post by georgeorge » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Nevermind.... got it figured out. Just needed to use a smaller wire to clean it out. I knew there had to be a hole there otherwise why have a jet there at all. It was plugged. Got it all back together and now the engine really runs like a dream. I thought it ran great before, but now it runs super. It was a little hard to start and the choke didn't seem to make a difference but did run good before, now it starts easy and runs perfect and the choke definitely makes a difference in how it runs cold.

Brian

CB-77 | CYP-77 | Road Test | Riding Log | Literature | Zen | Marketplace | VJ Survey | Links | Home